02-07-2020, 03:58 AM
With the 120gr TSX on top of CFE223 from several 18" Lilja barrel Grendels, we got up to 2561fps with 30.9gr, but I'm not sure I would load that.
30.0 2435 2424
30.3 2463 2497
30.6 2563
30.9 2561
That big jump from 2463/2497fps to 2563 appeared to be a significant trend line departure.
2480fps average with 30.3gr under the 120gr TSX equates to 2529fps with the 115gr TAC-TX, assuming the proportionality of bearing surface and construction/weight resistance scales from the 120gr TSX to the 115gr TAC-TX.
From a 20" with the 115gr TAC-TX on 30.3gr of CFE223, I would expect around 2574fps +/- 50fps, barrel/primer/brass-dependent.
From a 12.5", I would expect 2360fps +/- 50fps.
Even from a 12.5" at 2360fps, you have more than enough expansion out to 500yds, which is beyond what most people would even shoot with their typical 22"-24" barrel hunting rifles.
With the 12.5" Grendel and the 115gr TAC-TX at 2360fps mv, you have:
100 2151fps 1181 ft-lbs
200 1953fps 974 ft-lbs
225 1905fps 927 ft-lbs
There is still 500fps past that for expansion if their 1400fps floor is accurate. Since they used the metallurgy from the .300 Whisper VOR-TX ammo, I don't doubt them on that.
30.0 2435 2424
30.3 2463 2497
30.6 2563
30.9 2561
That big jump from 2463/2497fps to 2563 appeared to be a significant trend line departure.
2480fps average with 30.3gr under the 120gr TSX equates to 2529fps with the 115gr TAC-TX, assuming the proportionality of bearing surface and construction/weight resistance scales from the 120gr TSX to the 115gr TAC-TX.
From a 20" with the 115gr TAC-TX on 30.3gr of CFE223, I would expect around 2574fps +/- 50fps, barrel/primer/brass-dependent.
From a 12.5", I would expect 2360fps +/- 50fps.
Even from a 12.5" at 2360fps, you have more than enough expansion out to 500yds, which is beyond what most people would even shoot with their typical 22"-24" barrel hunting rifles.
With the 12.5" Grendel and the 115gr TAC-TX at 2360fps mv, you have:
100 2151fps 1181 ft-lbs
200 1953fps 974 ft-lbs
225 1905fps 927 ft-lbs
There is still 500fps past that for expansion if their 1400fps floor is accurate. Since they used the metallurgy from the .300 Whisper VOR-TX ammo, I don't doubt them on that.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
