Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT
#7
Thanks for the posts! As a brand, I've had mixed results with PPU. I think their .223 ammo and brass quality is above baseline. I think their 30-06 M2 Ball ammo isn't all that impressive (weak and inaccurate); but the brass there appears on par with military brass (so far at least).

I'm looking forward to hearing more on their Grendel loading. I'm making this up, but to me it sounded like in the past they were maybe using a softer formulation than they should have, and there were issues. I'm completely guessing, but assumed that was them using low pressure 7.62X39 brass formulation and processing, for a high P round. Easy to do since mostly the same tooling. If that's what happend, then hopefully they've upgraded to the higher pressure rated 5.56 brass formulation and processing techniques now as well, as I do quite like PPU 5.56 brass. Like I said, I'm just guessing at all that though.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by A5BLASTER - 02-06-2020, 02:54 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by stanc - 02-06-2020, 04:19 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by A5BLASTER - 02-06-2020, 04:47 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by VASCAR2 - 02-06-2020, 12:54 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by lazyengineer - 02-06-2020, 03:31 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by LRRPF52 - 02-06-2020, 07:24 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by stanc - 02-07-2020, 09:07 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by VASCAR2 - 02-07-2020, 01:28 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by stanc - 02-07-2020, 05:12 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by VASCAR2 - 02-08-2020, 12:21 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by rickOshay - 02-23-2020, 12:55 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by Gary_B - 03-03-2020, 12:03 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by Rebels010 - 04-03-2020, 01:37 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by FRB6.5 - 04-03-2020, 05:28 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by m796rider - 04-03-2020, 09:52 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by A5BLASTER - 04-04-2020, 02:53 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by Mesa1978 - 04-04-2020, 03:11 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by PeteDavis - 04-04-2020, 11:57 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by Bronz - 04-05-2020, 01:57 PM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by AussieCZ - 04-09-2020, 05:04 AM
NEW PPU 65G 110 FMJ and 120 HPBT - by hill37 - 04-09-2020, 06:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)