I own all 3 and wont rehash my problems with the Ruger American Predator Grendel. You can look it up in the archives if it matters. The gun shot well, was very accurate but I battled feeding issues right from the onset. Anyway.........
It?s a toss up for me between the Howa and CZ.
The CZ is more aesthetically pleasing to me. More trim and balanced, has finer lines, than the Howa.
I prefer metal mags, so, CZ gets the nod again.
I think the CZ trigger is a more adjustable and an overall better trigger right out of the box. But I acknowledge that?s highly subjective.
My Howa is less bullet picky and slightly more accurate than the CZ. So there you go, win for Howa!
The Howa has more available mods and accesssories. Another advantage for Howa.
I purchased the Howa action, a 22? HB, from Brownells and then a Walnut stock from them too. I?m pretty sure it?s Boyds Mini Action stock. Fit and finish is fine, dropped right in no complaints there but, it is way overbuilt, way too heavy for the ?min-action?. They could shave off at least 25% of the wood and it would still plenty strong enough. IMO.
So, another win for CZ.
The Howa has a slight edge in feeding, the CZ in extraction. Draw.
Lastly, the Howa bottom ?plastic and mag latch? is a real issue. So, you?ll need to spend another $150 or so to upgrade those right out the box, to be more competitive with the CZ.
You’ll need to upgrade the Howa bottom plastic and latch right out of the box to even the playing field. IMO.
if your ok with that, then either one works.
It?s a toss up for me between the Howa and CZ.
The CZ is more aesthetically pleasing to me. More trim and balanced, has finer lines, than the Howa.
I prefer metal mags, so, CZ gets the nod again.
I think the CZ trigger is a more adjustable and an overall better trigger right out of the box. But I acknowledge that?s highly subjective.
My Howa is less bullet picky and slightly more accurate than the CZ. So there you go, win for Howa!
The Howa has more available mods and accesssories. Another advantage for Howa.
I purchased the Howa action, a 22? HB, from Brownells and then a Walnut stock from them too. I?m pretty sure it?s Boyds Mini Action stock. Fit and finish is fine, dropped right in no complaints there but, it is way overbuilt, way too heavy for the ?min-action?. They could shave off at least 25% of the wood and it would still plenty strong enough. IMO.
So, another win for CZ.The Howa has a slight edge in feeding, the CZ in extraction. Draw.
Lastly, the Howa bottom ?plastic and mag latch? is a real issue. So, you?ll need to spend another $150 or so to upgrade those right out the box, to be more competitive with the CZ.
You’ll need to upgrade the Howa bottom plastic and latch right out of the box to even the playing field. IMO.
if your ok with that, then either one works.

