Best off the rack bolt Grendel
#23
I don't know if its the best bolt Grendel but my Howa Heavy barrel has been a pleasant surprise. I normally take a new rifle out for a range session and than start tweaking the bedding etc to improve its performance. After my first range session with factory ammo I was impressed with its performance using factory ammo so I decided to leave it alone and just try some handloads. With very little effort with two different bullets and three powders its easily a less than MOA rifle with a 6x heavy duplex scope. For southern whitetail hunting it certainly more than adequate. I am also a sucker for smooth operating bolts and good triggers, this little gun has than both.

I did modify the magazine and lighten the trigger, both easily done. The stock is adequate but I will work on trimming it down to my liking. Just my take on my Howa. I will be buying a youth model for my grandson.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Wethepeople - 02-04-2020, 11:03 PM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 02-04-2020, 11:35 PM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by tarrack - 02-04-2020, 11:54 PM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Drillboss - 02-05-2020, 12:07 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by tarrack - 02-05-2020, 12:17 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 02-05-2020, 12:20 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Wethepeople - 02-05-2020, 12:39 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Drillboss - 02-05-2020, 12:41 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Wethepeople - 02-05-2020, 12:50 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by tarrack - 02-05-2020, 12:54 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Drillboss - 02-05-2020, 12:58 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by FLshooter - 02-05-2020, 01:01 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Wethepeople - 02-05-2020, 01:06 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by grayfox - 02-05-2020, 01:22 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Wethepeople - 02-05-2020, 01:33 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by kmon - 02-05-2020, 01:57 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by grayfox - 02-05-2020, 03:50 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by tdbru - 02-05-2020, 04:03 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 02-05-2020, 04:27 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Wethepeople - 02-05-2020, 05:44 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by kmon - 02-05-2020, 07:31 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Stevil - 02-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Laman - 02-05-2020, 12:57 PM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Harpoon1 - 02-05-2020, 09:36 PM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Drillboss - 02-05-2020, 11:50 PM
Best off the rack bolt Grendel - by Wethepeople - 02-06-2020, 06:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)