Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question for the vile CNS shooters?
#8
Take Double Naughts commentary with authority...he's killed more pigs than anyone in this forum. I can add little to what he's already stated.

I've killed approx 100 pigs using a variety of shots. If I'm shooting 100+ yards I take a shoulder shot. Never behind the shoulder unless it's quartering away, rather aiming for the opposite shoulder. I've got approx 50-65% of pigs immediately drop on this shot or run very little.

For shots inside 100 yards I prefer a CNS/neck shot. Results are consistent with posts above. I have had 1 neck shot that resulted in a downed, paralyzed pig, then it got up and ran 200+ yards flat out. However, this was due to a bullet that did not expand (Barnes TTSX). Never had an issue shooting Hornady SST's.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Question for the vile CNS shooters? - by CJW - 02-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Question for the vile CNS shooters? - by kmon - 02-03-2020, 05:19 PM
Question for the vile CNS shooters? - by CJW - 02-03-2020, 06:35 PM
Question for the vile CNS shooters? - by 1Shot - 02-04-2020, 03:01 PM
Question for the vile CNS shooters? - by CJW - 02-04-2020, 03:07 PM
Question for the vile CNS shooters? - by 81police - 02-05-2020, 05:59 AM
Question for the vile CNS shooters? - by rickt300 - 03-07-2020, 02:54 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)