02-05-2020, 05:44 AM
You guys saved me a ton of research. I didn't know alot about these mini action bolts until now.
A few tradeoffs to consider. My son will be up from Texas late tomorrow. We'll drive into town probably day after and take a look at the 3 offerings. I'll discuss this thread with him and get him up to speed.
Interestingly, the interarms Mark X I mentioned is an M98 style Zastava action. It's a large ring and apparently barreled by Zastava and stocked in Manchester, England. The reciever ring has a Whitworth roll mark, so I assume it was Whitworth that added the stock or was just a mix of parts Zastava used in building the barreled action. Dunno. It shot a legitimate moa with Rem Core-lokt. I slid down a scree slope elk hunting quite a few years ago and broke a huge chunk of the stock off at the bottom portion of the butt plate. I put a slip on recoil pad on it and it sat in the safe ever since. My grandson shot it last summer and liked it alot. Asked me why the heck I didn't fix it. Told me if it was his he would have done something about it. So I guess he's getting a Grendel this year and have the Mark X ready to give him next year. That's how this whole saga got started.
Anyway, thanks alot. Jeff
A few tradeoffs to consider. My son will be up from Texas late tomorrow. We'll drive into town probably day after and take a look at the 3 offerings. I'll discuss this thread with him and get him up to speed.
Interestingly, the interarms Mark X I mentioned is an M98 style Zastava action. It's a large ring and apparently barreled by Zastava and stocked in Manchester, England. The reciever ring has a Whitworth roll mark, so I assume it was Whitworth that added the stock or was just a mix of parts Zastava used in building the barreled action. Dunno. It shot a legitimate moa with Rem Core-lokt. I slid down a scree slope elk hunting quite a few years ago and broke a huge chunk of the stock off at the bottom portion of the butt plate. I put a slip on recoil pad on it and it sat in the safe ever since. My grandson shot it last summer and liked it alot. Asked me why the heck I didn't fix it. Told me if it was his he would have done something about it. So I guess he's getting a Grendel this year and have the Mark X ready to give him next year. That's how this whole saga got started.
Anyway, thanks alot. Jeff

