02-03-2020, 07:01 PM
For your ranges you don't need 12x. Anything over 10x really should have parallax adjustment and that adds to the cost of your scope. As others have suggested, 1x6, 1x8, 2x10 or 3x9 are capable magnification ranges for your intended use.
I compared some Swift, PA, Vortex and UTG scopes in those magnification and price ranges I have. Vortex Diamondback and PA glass is better than the others. The PA scopes glass clarity is almost imperceptibly better than Vortex Diamondback but the Vortex gets the nod for light gathering to my eye. Don't have any budget Leupolds to compare.
Since you want a hunting scope, I would lean towards one with better light gathering capability and a reticle you like. Having said that I do really like PA scopes for the money.
I compared some Swift, PA, Vortex and UTG scopes in those magnification and price ranges I have. Vortex Diamondback and PA glass is better than the others. The PA scopes glass clarity is almost imperceptibly better than Vortex Diamondback but the Vortex gets the nod for light gathering to my eye. Don't have any budget Leupolds to compare.
Since you want a hunting scope, I would lean towards one with better light gathering capability and a reticle you like. Having said that I do really like PA scopes for the money.

