Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Another sow with 12in Grendel
#1
Went out last night after being told hogs were showing up again.

I recently upgraded to a Sightmark Wraith 4-32x Day/Night vision Digital scope, and was itching to see how it performed. The image seen at night is definitely a step up over the Bushnell Equinox monocular behind a night vision capable red dot sight setup I had been using.

I spent the first few moments setting up the IR illuminator that comes with the Wraith, panned and scanned around to get a feel for the sight picture before moving on to my target area for the night.

I went out to a spot I had seen hog activity before on previous nights, picked a spot that gave me good coverage to scan around.

After about 30 min I heard hogs moving thru the brush, I just bided my time till I got a shot as I had the wind in my favor, eventually I saw hogs moving in treeline and decided to take the first one that stopped long enough for a shot.

Having a choice of reticles to choose from is a big step up from just a biggish dot.

When I had the opportunity for a shot, I put the reticle on hog's head and sent a Nosler 120BT out. Shot hit the hog just below left ear and exited out the right ear. DRT.

She was about a 90lb sow, distance was about 35-40yds. Not a bad night.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15388[/ATTACH]

This is kill#10 for the little Grendel.
SY


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Another sow with 12in Grendel - by Arkhangel5 - 01-28-2020, 03:29 AM
Another sow with 12in Grendel - by sundowner - 01-28-2020, 06:33 AM
Another sow with 12in Grendel - by Bigs28 - 01-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Another sow with 12in Grendel - by Arkhangel5 - 01-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Another sow with 12in Grendel - by sbowhuntr - 01-28-2020, 02:45 PM
Another sow with 12in Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 01-28-2020, 08:36 PM
Another sow with 12in Grendel - by FLshooter - 01-28-2020, 10:30 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)