01-22-2020, 02:14 PM
What are you using the platform for & what type of conditions?
If you're like me & do a LOT of hog hunting at night/lowlight conditions the best "hunting" scope I found was Leupold firedot (mine is a 4-12 vx-r). I went through several illuminated versions before settling, most of them caused too much "wash out" for me under the above mentioned conditions. Not to mention if shooting on the run it works a lot like a typical red dot without all the "extra".
I've changed over to thermals on my "primary" rifles but have zero intention on parting with that Leupold because it's proven so dang handy over the years.
Just my .02 as a dumb country hick.
If you're like me & do a LOT of hog hunting at night/lowlight conditions the best "hunting" scope I found was Leupold firedot (mine is a 4-12 vx-r). I went through several illuminated versions before settling, most of them caused too much "wash out" for me under the above mentioned conditions. Not to mention if shooting on the run it works a lot like a typical red dot without all the "extra".
I've changed over to thermals on my "primary" rifles but have zero intention on parting with that Leupold because it's proven so dang handy over the years.
Just my .02 as a dumb country hick.

