Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The 6.5 journey begins
#1
I have started my 6.5 adventure. Being local to Palmetto state armory I walked in a few weeks ago and bought a stripped lower to officially kick off my build. Following that I put my request in to be notified when the 20? stainless 6.5 uppers cam back into stock. Daily quickly I was notified that they were available so I ordered one and received it yesterday. White those two things out of the way I have other decisions to make.
This is not a high end build but I do want a certain level of precision out to at least 400 yards.
Looking at an Athlon 6-25x50 scope. I will be hunting with this setup and will utilize the zoom of this scope as well as the illuminated reticle.
Still looking into a charging handle to replace the factory one that came with it that will be more scope friendly.
Undecided about lower parts kit and stock. Psa has a magpul ctr lpk with enhanced trigger and also a magpul lpk with a psa 3.5 lb single stage drop in trigger.
I also at some point would like to replace the A2 flask hider with some sort of brake. Any thoughts you all have would be most appreciated
Reply


Messages In This Thread
The 6.5 journey begins - by TedBrewer5 - 01-18-2020, 03:16 PM
The 6.5 journey begins - by VASCAR2 - 01-18-2020, 04:00 PM
The 6.5 journey begins - by tdbru - 01-19-2020, 04:23 AM
The 6.5 journey begins - by PNWTargets - 01-19-2020, 06:20 AM
The 6.5 journey begins - by FLshooter - 01-19-2020, 04:39 PM
The 6.5 journey begins - by TedBrewer5 - 01-20-2020, 08:51 PM
The 6.5 journey begins - by JCSC - 01-22-2020, 02:48 PM
The 6.5 journey begins - by Kswhitetails - 01-22-2020, 04:00 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)