RAP bolt stuck
#5
I took the bolt out last night.Looked through it with bore light.The chamber didn’t look like it had a rough spot,it looked dirty ,maybe some kind of packing lube .Stuck a bore guide in and proceeded to run a brass brush through. Then I ran a little Hoppe’s cleaning solution and close to 40 patches through it till they came out clean.The barrel was filthy. I usually clean the barrel in a new rifle. I got lazy ,and I’ve also been leaving it in the back seat of my truck so I can shoot after work.I got to go back to my old routine.I usually run a nylon brush and patches through my rifles after every use.
Last night I hand loaded 50 rounds of 6.5 Grendel 123 grain Hornady ELDM 25.5g-26.7g. 10/ea in .3 g increments.Went to the club after work. 26.4 grains seems to be the winner. Almost a gr lighter than handloads I shot last time.Shot 50 rounds no bolt sticking problems.
I’m thinking that the reason my bolt stuck was too much chamber pressure from hot loads or dirty chamber.Either way it appears I solved the problem.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RAP bolt stuck - by FLshooter - 01-16-2020, 12:49 AM
RAP bolt stuck - by Lemonaid - 01-16-2020, 02:09 AM
RAP bolt stuck - by Javman - 01-16-2020, 02:10 AM
RAP bolt stuck - by Klem - 01-16-2020, 03:22 AM
RAP bolt stuck - by FLshooter - 01-16-2020, 09:16 PM
RAP bolt stuck - by AgedWarrior - 01-16-2020, 09:38 PM
RAP bolt stuck - by FLshooter - 01-16-2020, 10:13 PM
RAP bolt stuck - by Rosecrans1 - 01-17-2020, 10:27 AM
RAP bolt stuck - by tdbru - 01-18-2020, 04:08 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)