01-09-2020, 05:29 AM
Sticks Wrote:Home Lube - 99% Isopropyl alcohol, or the standard 88 or 91 Isopropyl you get at the grocery? Pure Lanolin or ???. Gotta be the 99%. Gotta be the Pure Lanolin. Gotta me warm-ish like 90* when you mix it. You have to shake it up before you use it.
Yes the Pure lanolin and 99% alcohol is pricey, but for 8oz of lanolin and 16oz of Alcohol, you will never have to buy lube mix again...ever. I am still on the same 10:1 10oz mix I made in 2009 and I have lubed well over 15k cases.
Clean your die, don't over lube your cases. 150-175 cases in a gallon ziploc bag and 10 spray pumps from a hair spray type bottle for the first time, 6 for the following, shake and roll the cases around, dump out on a cookie sheet and let sit for 15 mins, reuse the bag for the next batch. If you are using a large spray bottle like a bath and kitchen cleaner type, then 3-4 for the first, 1-2 for the following. The alcohol will loosen up the leftover lanolin in the bag.
I presume you are not trying to resize the same case over and over. One and done, they don't play nice when trying to move .001 each time.
Clean those 1.210~ cases of lube and see if they will chamber and the bolt will close on them. If it does, run it. I'll bet your next cases come in at 1.214ish.
Check your trim length also.
I use the lube recipe and exact same alcohol/lube that the 6.5 Guys did an article on a few years ago.
So yeah %99 and also pure lanolin. And yeah one bottle of lanolin and two bottles alcohol will probably last years.
Im gonna try the 1.210 rounds soon as i get a chance.
Thanks

