Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Brass/dies issue or excessive headspace?
#28
Klem Wrote:Sighted,

OK, the variance more than .002" is sounding like equipment but it is still a huge improvement....Why don't you load up a few rounds at .002" and see if they are reliable.

As you increase the bump past .002" the divergence could be because your case lube is not working consistently. Or it could be the press. But, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet until you fire a few rounds and see if your gun reliably cycles. If it works on .002" that'll be the best of all solutions - then you can decide to upgrade on your own time and terms.

I also recommend holding off on your home-brew lube and going commercial. It's not a big cost. I use RCBS and a roller pad. I use One-shot spray for bulk handgun cases but it'll work on bottleneck rifle cases. I don't like spray getting inside case necks when accuracy counts so its a roller pad for me.

Good point Klem on trying the 2 thou. I guess i was so fixated on getting 3-5 thou it just hadnt occurred to me.
It’ll be a couple weeks before i get to the range again but i’ll let you know how it goes.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Brass/dies issue or excessive headspace? - by SightedIn - 01-09-2020, 05:24 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)