01-07-2020, 04:22 PM
gwtx Wrote:If the manufacturers are as concerned as some of their warranties "Imply", why don't they take the time to chamber and eject a factory round before the barrel leaves the factory,,,like right after they finish reaming ??? I had a problem like this that was not figured out until I measured the Wolf steel 100gr round. It was almost 0.002" smaller diameter than the factory 123 sst. The wolf was used to test fire the rifle, and it cycled fine, but a chambered, unfired factory round required tapping on the charge handle pretty smartly to get it out of the chamberl. But my problem was tight chamber, the throat was ok. Honed and polished the chamber a wee bit, and it was fine. In light of their "simple" warranty, I would be inclined to at least call and talk to them. They need to know there is a problem,,,,if they don't already know. $0.02 worth
I don't put a barrel even close to an upper until I check the throat with multiple factory and dummy cartridge samples, ensuring they chamber and drop-free from the chamber.
It's one of the first things I check after measuring the gas port diameter.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
