SightedIn Wrote:Ok so i just finished adjusting the die again but i still cant get a consistent bump. Went all the way out then went back in one tiny increment at a time starting at fireformed 1.211? Got to 1.211? then 1.210? then 1.209?, but then anything past that and its all over the place. Same adjustment and brand brass (hornady) but sometimes it will bump to 1.209? but then sometimes bumps to to as low as 1.201?. No matter how much i fiddle with the adjustment it just wont stay consistent past a .002? bump
I think the remaining may be the either the press or the lube or both as you guys suggested. They are the only variables left.
Finally an excuse to the old lady to buy that T7 ive always wanted!
Sighted,
OK, the variance more than .002" is sounding like equipment but it is still a huge improvement....Why don't you load up a few rounds at .002" and see if they are reliable.
As you increase the bump past .002" the divergence could be because your case lube is not working consistently. Or it could be the press. But, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet until you fire a few rounds and see if your gun reliably cycles. If it works on .002" that'll be the best of all solutions - then you can decide to upgrade on your own time and terms.
I also recommend holding off on your home-brew lube and going commercial. It's not a big cost. I use RCBS and a roller pad. I use One-shot spray for bulk handgun cases but it'll work on bottleneck rifle cases. I don't like spray getting inside case necks when accuracy counts so its a roller pad for me.

