Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Handguard Suggestions
#19
Jinkx Wrote:Might as well put in my .2 cents Smile

Alot of great suggestions already, and honestly, hard to make a bad decision lately. Great time to be alive.

Been seriously looking at Vseven's Hyper-Light 15" rail (HYPLIGHT 15ML) for an upcoming rifle length gas build for the wife, crazy lightweight for not a whole lot of extra cheddar. Since you are gonna be rocking a 22" and humping over terrain I would highly suggest watching your oz's like a hawk. You are going to get great velocity out of a grendel with a 22". Would love to see what FPS you end up getting after your build is complete.

FYI I have used:
Giessele MK4 rail 9.5" 11.0oz (built like a tank and fantastic barrel nut)
Midwest Industries Ultra Lightweight series 12.625" 7.9oz , really fantastic as well and very lightweight per inch of rail. I was going to go with the 15" but decided on the 12.625" since my 18" faxon was just a midlength gas and no sense of humping around meaningless weight.

Rifle length gas tubes are ~ 13" so a 15" rail should be adequate for your needs I would imagine.

Random thought, what glass will you be parking on it?

I have used the MW as well and really like the weight/profile. Think I am going to go with the Seekins or possibly the Coda Evolution CF

As for glass, I am Looking at the Athlon Ares
2.5-15X50 pretty hard but I am not completely sure yet
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Handguard Suggestions - by TwoStrokeTyrant - 01-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by A5BLASTER - 01-02-2020, 09:12 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by TwoStrokeTyrant - 01-02-2020, 09:15 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by Bigs28 - 01-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by TwoStrokeTyrant - 01-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by FLshooter - 01-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by kmon - 01-02-2020, 10:39 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by Lastrites - 01-02-2020, 10:42 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by Bigs28 - 01-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by VASCAR2 - 01-03-2020, 01:46 AM
Handguard Suggestions - by A5BLASTER - 01-03-2020, 02:26 AM
Handguard Suggestions - by montana - 01-03-2020, 03:51 AM
Handguard Suggestions - by FRB6.5 - 01-03-2020, 05:27 AM
Handguard Suggestions - by TwoStrokeTyrant - 01-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by Lastrites - 01-03-2020, 10:41 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by Kswhitetails - 01-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by plt228 - 01-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Handguard Suggestions - by Jinkx - 01-06-2020, 01:32 AM
Handguard Suggestions - by TwoStrokeTyrant - 01-06-2020, 04:57 AM
Handguard Suggestions - by Jinkx - 01-06-2020, 05:33 AM
Handguard Suggestions - by Lastrites - 01-06-2020, 11:44 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)