01-04-2020, 01:28 AM
120gr ELD-M is meant for conventional freebore chambers.
123gr A-MAX and ELD-M are meant for the Grendel.
123gr SMK and 123gr Scenar work really well in the Grendel's compound throat.
We used to see the same issue when people tried to load the 120gr A-MAX, depending on the chamber.
I've personally never ordered or purchased the 120gr Hornady target bullets for this reason, but I have mostly SAAMI chambers with the compound throat.
123gr A-MAX and ELD-M are meant for the Grendel.
123gr SMK and 123gr Scenar work really well in the Grendel's compound throat.
We used to see the same issue when people tried to load the 120gr A-MAX, depending on the chamber.
I've personally never ordered or purchased the 120gr Hornady target bullets for this reason, but I have mostly SAAMI chambers with the compound throat.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
