12-31-2019, 08:34 PM
Funny how no matter what barrel I have with the actual SAAMI chamber and compound throat, mine shoot anywhere from .75 MOA to bugholes as the norm for 5rd groups, and ragged holes for 10rd groups at 100yds.
It's almost as if Bill Alexander figured something out by spending over $11,000 on different reamer designs over the course of all his testing to find a chamber that would shoot the full range of 6.5mm projectiles accurately, instead of shooting some well and others poorly.
At PSA prices and high volume profit models, I would be satisfied with the results you're getting.
My approach to building rifles that I have certain accuracy expectations for is to get the most barrel I can, and do an accuracy checklist build covering many areas that will help wring out the maximum mechanical accuracy potential of the rifle.
There is confidence gained from repeated POA = POI.
![[Image: LRRP20Rapid20Fire_zpsr5vz1a3e.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/LRRP20Rapid20Fire_zpsr5vz1a3e.jpg)
![[Image: 2015-03-11%2017.36.17_zpsgqonyuvb.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/2015-03-11%2017.36.17_zpsgqonyuvb.jpg)
![[Image: IMG_00941_zpslphdmjlh.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/IMG_00941_zpslphdmjlh.jpg)
It's almost as if Bill Alexander figured something out by spending over $11,000 on different reamer designs over the course of all his testing to find a chamber that would shoot the full range of 6.5mm projectiles accurately, instead of shooting some well and others poorly.
At PSA prices and high volume profit models, I would be satisfied with the results you're getting.
My approach to building rifles that I have certain accuracy expectations for is to get the most barrel I can, and do an accuracy checklist build covering many areas that will help wring out the maximum mechanical accuracy potential of the rifle.
There is confidence gained from repeated POA = POI.
![[Image: LRRP20Rapid20Fire_zpsr5vz1a3e.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/LRRP20Rapid20Fire_zpsr5vz1a3e.jpg)
![[Image: 2015-03-11%2017.36.17_zpsgqonyuvb.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/2015-03-11%2017.36.17_zpsgqonyuvb.jpg)
![[Image: IMG_00941_zpslphdmjlh.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/IMG_00941_zpslphdmjlh.jpg)
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
