12-29-2019, 05:54 AM
A5B, way cool. So the extra 2.5" of barrel only bought me 7 fps. Lol. That is, while just a bit disheartening 😜, a good foundation for comparison. And, candidly, not too surprising given what many learned folks herein suggested would be the case with a 28" barrel that has a RLGS thereon.
I'm hoping that extra steel hanging way out there will lend some opportunity to dev some recipes that take advantage of the long pipe and proves it to be favorably differentiating.
...
Mel, in case you may have missed it, check out this post. LRRPF52 offered some feedback about Gas-Adjustable BCGs, as opposed to AGBs. With the likelihood of the AGB being buried under the HG, a Gas-Adjustable BCG seems like a less-problematic and a potentially favorable means to an end. If I do end up deciding to implement gas-system-adjustability, it'll likely be in the form of a gas-adjustable BCG.
It is now my opinion that I might not have to go meddling with something that isn't (yet) broke in my system. However, I reserve that right to change muh mind (especially when I start to dev custom loads).
Regardless of what you ultimately settle on, I bid you much success and, equally important, a metric-shite-tonne of enjoyment, kind sir.
-MHz
I'm hoping that extra steel hanging way out there will lend some opportunity to dev some recipes that take advantage of the long pipe and proves it to be favorably differentiating.
...
Mel, in case you may have missed it, check out this post. LRRPF52 offered some feedback about Gas-Adjustable BCGs, as opposed to AGBs. With the likelihood of the AGB being buried under the HG, a Gas-Adjustable BCG seems like a less-problematic and a potentially favorable means to an end. If I do end up deciding to implement gas-system-adjustability, it'll likely be in the form of a gas-adjustable BCG.
It is now my opinion that I might not have to go meddling with something that isn't (yet) broke in my system. However, I reserve that right to change muh mind (especially when I start to dev custom loads).
Regardless of what you ultimately settle on, I bid you much success and, equally important, a metric-shite-tonne of enjoyment, kind sir.
-MHz
si vis pacem para bellum

