02-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Just thought I would expound a bit on my previous post by posting some pictures of how much of the follower I cut and to show that the profile of the 6.8/6.5 is the same. These modifications allow for a total of 15 rounds. The stock magazines fit 14 rounds. I find that I still need to adjust the feed lips on the new magazines but, otherwise these "fixes" have given me good reliability and feeding ( I did have my barrel ext. polished too which helped a great deal with feeding.)
![[Image: DSC01660.jpg]](http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s406/Mk12Recce/DSC01660.jpg)
The above image shows the same profile from a 6.8 AR-Stoner magazine and a 6.5 ASC follower as well as the amount of material that is sawn off with a razor saw.
![[Image: DSC01657.jpg]](http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s406/Mk12Recce/DSC01657.jpg)
Another image to show a cut 6.8 follower and an unmodified 6.8 follower. Both from AR-Stoner.
I have also installed ISMI Chrome Silicon springs in all of my magazines. A bit stronger.
![[Image: DSC01660.jpg]](http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s406/Mk12Recce/DSC01660.jpg)
The above image shows the same profile from a 6.8 AR-Stoner magazine and a 6.5 ASC follower as well as the amount of material that is sawn off with a razor saw.
![[Image: DSC01657.jpg]](http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s406/Mk12Recce/DSC01657.jpg)
Another image to show a cut 6.8 follower and an unmodified 6.8 follower. Both from AR-Stoner.
I have also installed ISMI Chrome Silicon springs in all of my magazines. A bit stronger.
