12-21-2019, 04:16 AM
When I got my 6.5 RAP it was misfeeding with snap caps with multiple AR mag brands.
Some better than others but the last round always misfed.
Took a dremel and smoothed out the feed ramp til it was reliable. Now it even feeds steel case.
FWIW my Ruger .300bo Ranch (AR mag version) ran fine with no mods.
I think the shape of the Grendel cartridge and the Ruger feed ramp isn’t the best match. And if you want a smooth action, a Ruger AR mag bolt action won’t give it to you. I like my Rugers, they’re inexpensive, accurate & reliable. And they will get better with use.
Some better than others but the last round always misfed.
Took a dremel and smoothed out the feed ramp til it was reliable. Now it even feeds steel case.
FWIW my Ruger .300bo Ranch (AR mag version) ran fine with no mods.
I think the shape of the Grendel cartridge and the Ruger feed ramp isn’t the best match. And if you want a smooth action, a Ruger AR mag bolt action won’t give it to you. I like my Rugers, they’re inexpensive, accurate & reliable. And they will get better with use.

