12-19-2019, 01:55 AM
LR1955 Wrote:D475:
My experience with EOTechs was during that era when EOTech knew something was wrong but refused to admit it. They sold the Government a whole bunch of EOTechs and every single one I used or saw used failed to hold a zero. Most failed to zero at all. You would get what you thought was a decent zero and go to confirm and the group was five or ten minutes off. The truth finally came out and I believe EOTech got sued by the Government for providing them with faulty equipment. They knew what they sold the Army was faulty and that was during the hottest time of Iraq and Afghanistan. No go in my book and I will never trust their products again.
LR55
I can?t argue with you. I also agree with your statement on Eotech as a company knowing about drift. They finally admitted that the optic may drift in extreme heat or cold. Part of the settlement with the govt was a the full refund mentioned above. They only refunded optics from certain purchase date. I have never experienced drift in mine new optics. Eotech claims to have rectified the problem. I am not 100% sold but don?t have issues with their products.
I had to drive 30min to pick up my above 512. Got to the store and they tried to sell me the display model. It had shitty generic batteries in it. Called the manager over and explained it wasn?t ?new?. It def has not been mounted. Just handled and left on from the employees. This was the last one in stock, so he knocked the price down to $150. I will take that all day long! $50 mail-in rebate on top

