Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Doublestar/J&T Chrome Lined barrels
#7
A5BLASTER Wrote:See my post above about my round count on a non chrome lined barrel.

They also sell muzzle devices to fit their thread pattern. I belive they have started changing over to 5/8x24 threads as well.

Point I was trying make is. You don't need chrome lined barrels to shot wolf fmj ammo. And it's not really going to give you anymore anything really over a non chrome lined barrel.

Not saying the doublstar/jt barrel won't work. I just don't know first hand what their products are like, where I know AA puts out topshelf products.

I understand. I have an AR Performance (I know) 16 inch barrel and I'll be picking up a Proof Research stainless 20 inch. This is again a "just for fun" upper

Lastrites Wrote:Well the 15" rail adds a bit of twist to a 14.5" length, you will need to either use a linear comp or a muzzle device that starts to vent past the handguard. Below is 14.5" barrel with a 13.5" rail laying next to a 15" rail for reference, it can be done just know what you are getting into to start.
[Image: qoKH9d1.jpg]
[Image: EbWRfUa.jpg]

Moot point. PF emailed me back about the barrels. They have the attached A2 sight. Removing that plus a pin and weld is more work than I'm willing to put in/have a gunsmith do. I'm aware of the need for the muzzle device to vent past the handguard though.

Nobody here has used the Doublestar/J&T barrels? Guess I may end up being the guinea pig...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Doublestar/J&T Chrome Lined barrels - by js8588 - 12-17-2019, 07:09 PM
Doublestar/J&T Chrome Lined barrels - by js8588 - 12-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Doublestar/J&T Chrome Lined barrels - by VASCAR2 - 12-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Doublestar/J&T Chrome Lined barrels - by js8588 - 12-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Doublestar/J&T Chrome Lined barrels - by js8588 - 12-18-2019, 03:17 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)