12-03-2019, 08:29 PM
lazyengineer Wrote:NICE!
My own PSA barrels shoot closer to 1.5 MOA at 200 yards, with the right ammo; which I'm OK with. Some days I can beat it. Sounds like you got a great one!
As a suggestion: the standard for accuracy testing is 5-shot groups, and the average of multiples of those. Most people use 100 yards or longer. The longer you go, the more things that get masked at shorter ranges start to show up, but wind effects also start to show up, introducing error to the results. I tend to run 5-shot 200 yards for most of my testing - which might explain why my MOA might be a little bigger than some tests.
but to your point, PSA actually can make some good stuff. My PSA 6.5 CM barrel is a good 1 MOA or less barrel - with the right ammo. And I'm pretty sure that's the same blank they cut the Grendel barrels from as well. It's not Top Shelf, but it's not bad - especially for the money.
I would have shot it both further and with more rounds per group, but I was just getting a rough zero before the family Thanksgiving get together. Couldn't spend much time on it, only shot 15rds. 35yds is close to 200 according to my BC, so I'll take it to 200 and dial it in there as my official zero and shoot 5 or 10rd groups when time allows

