12-01-2019, 05:15 PM
I had forgotten about the bad blood against Satern/Liberty among some of the members here. These aren't meant to be 1k yard builds, just lighter weight 200 yard max hunting rifles. The main goal is to get my dad and stepmom set up with a semi auto that doesn't weigh as much as a traditional semi auto 243. I would have just saved money and bought BCA or similar but the one I have shoots insanely terrible so I decided to take advantage of all the sales and see if I could get the job done myself. I've talked to a lot of people lately who have been having great success with the liberty line barrels. If it doesn't work, it seems anyone can make a 7.62x39 shoot well with factory ammo so I'll rebarrel for that. I'm slowly building myself a long range Grendel and it will definitely cost me when I get that barrel. I'm actually building two, one light and one heavy.

