Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Playing around with Duracoat
#1
As some of you here already know from my other thread, I was unhappy with the aesthetics of my new Vortex...so I decided to experiment with coating. However, rather than paint the optic, I chose to add some color to the rifle.

Duracoat Vortex Stealth Shadow[Image: s1aS51.jpg]
(July 2019's "Color of the Month" LOL).

I coated the cheek riser, bipod legs (lower only), forend and trigger guard

[Image: oXwhFO.jpg]

[Image: KlepaD.jpg]



I know it wont be everyone's cup-o-tea, but the scope doesnt seem to contrast with the rifle as much now...at least to me. Plus, Ive been wanting to test the Duracoat-in-a-can stuff anyway.





[Image: wiXl6G.jpg]

Obviously not an exact color match as the Razor has more of an anodized finish,
but close enough that it blends WAY better than the carbon fiber...which was adding like a third contrast to the rifle. And the Duracoat aerosol kit was super-easy to use, although not nearly as precise as using an airbrush. I probably would not use this with stencils.


I realize, at the end of the day, a rifle is just a tool designed to do a job. However, so is a vehicle...and Ive seen folks dump an assload of money customizing their truck/car/motorcycle simply for "looks". Fortunately I did not have to sacrifice any function for fashion with this.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Playing around with Duracoat - by Flight Medic - 11-26-2019, 09:50 AM
Playing around with Duracoat - by CJW - 11-26-2019, 11:24 AM
Playing around with Duracoat - by FLshooter - 11-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Playing around with Duracoat - by Flight Medic - 11-26-2019, 09:24 PM
Playing around with Duracoat - by FALer - 11-26-2019, 11:24 PM
Playing around with Duracoat - by Cereal Thriller - 11-27-2019, 11:25 AM
Playing around with Duracoat - by Kswhitetails - 11-27-2019, 03:55 PM
Playing around with Duracoat - by Cereal Thriller - 11-28-2019, 03:37 PM
Playing around with Duracoat - by VASCAR2 - 11-28-2019, 03:53 PM
Playing around with Duracoat - by Flight Medic - 12-07-2019, 03:03 AM
Playing around with Duracoat - by Redomen - 12-07-2019, 04:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)