Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My First AR Build
#14
Klem Wrote:If you care about group sizes then you won't emphasize saving money on the three critical parts: barrel, scope, trigger. Otherwise, what you save in initial outlay will be spent of tinkering with ammo to get it to shoot right. Don't get me wrong, shooting is fun but the big picture saying goes, 'Every shot makes someone happy'.

Get a Bartlein, Krieger or Lilja barrel.
A Nightforce scope will never let you down and last a lifetime.
Geiselle and Timney triggers are the bomb, LaRue get good reviews too..

You can save money on everything else, within reason. By concentrating on the three most influential parts of a gun gets you a disproportionally good gun for a reasonable price. Tyring to save money on everything equally gets you an average gun.

Klem,I too like Nightforce.I own 6 or 7 NF scopes.They are an awesome piece of glass and they track well.But,their Warranty and CS is not the best.I sent them a NF 6-32x56 Benchrest scope that was not tracking right in for repair.How it happened is questionable.I think I bumped it hard while it was in the case.But,there wasn?t a mark on it.It looked new.
Anyway,they charged me $125 plus shipping to fix it.And they weren?t the nicest to talk yo either.Which is why my next scope may be a Vortex Rasor or Viper PST.I sent back a Vortex Viper,which I bumped on something?s coming out of the dark woods after a hog hunt.One of the torrents was knocked loose.Anyway,Vortex CS was nice to me.They sent me an RA# and free ship label.Got it back within a week.All fixed for free.They are like the Craftsman?s of scopes.
I am not knocking NF at all.I will most likely buy more NF scopes.I just feel that for the price,they should have a better warranty.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My First AR Build - by Cgull97 - 11-21-2019, 03:46 AM
My First AR Build - by kpswihart - 11-21-2019, 11:18 AM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-21-2019, 12:04 PM
My First AR Build - by AR15gunner - 11-22-2019, 01:26 AM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-22-2019, 02:52 AM
My First AR Build - by HANSEL AND GRENDEL - 11-22-2019, 03:08 AM
My First AR Build - by Klem - 11-22-2019, 03:21 AM
My First AR Build - by BCHunter - 11-22-2019, 04:45 AM
My First AR Build - by Cgull97 - 11-22-2019, 05:28 PM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-22-2019, 07:00 PM
My First AR Build - by HANSEL AND GRENDEL - 11-22-2019, 11:51 PM
My First AR Build - by Redraider - 11-24-2019, 02:53 PM
My First AR Build - by FLshooter - 11-24-2019, 11:30 PM
My First AR Build - by FLshooter - 11-25-2019, 12:06 AM
My First AR Build - by Cgull97 - 11-26-2019, 05:46 PM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-26-2019, 05:55 PM
My First AR Build - by mdram - 11-26-2019, 05:57 PM
My First AR Build - by FLshooter - 11-27-2019, 11:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)