Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That
#14
A5BLASTER Wrote:No I read it correctly the first time. You said you put grease on the extention and torque to 40 foot pounds.

The grease goes on the treads. Steel and aluminum threads never go together without a lubricate. Doing so is just asking for a seized up thread attachment and results in a ripped off thread and a ruined product.
I understand what you are saying.I may install the barrel nut dry and no loc tite.But I?m sure that plenty of lubrication has penetrated the metal surface of the threads by the time I?ve lapped the face of the upper receiver and cleaned it w/CLP and wiped it off.I have never and will never have a problem with any barrel nut seizing and ripping off threads.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by Klem - 11-22-2019, 10:20 PM
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by Klem - 11-24-2019, 01:39 AM
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by FLshooter - 11-24-2019, 03:31 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)