Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That
#13
FLshooter Wrote:You need to read my post again. It says barrel extension. I install the barrel nut dry.When I took my Colt 6920 factory barrel off it had Molly grease on the barrel extension.

No I read it correctly the first time. You said you put grease on the extention and torque to 40 foot pounds.

The grease goes on the treads. Steel and aluminum threads never go together without a lubricate. Doing so is just asking for a seized up thread attachment and results in a ripped off thread and a ruined product.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by Klem - 11-22-2019, 10:20 PM
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by Klem - 11-24-2019, 01:39 AM
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by A5BLASTER - 11-24-2019, 02:45 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)