Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That
#8
FLshooter Wrote:I go out to the garage and get a dab of black molly grease and lube the barrel extension.Then I put the barrel nut on dry and torque to 40 Ft lbs.That’s it.No need for any thread loc.My buddy builds and repairs AR15 all day every day.He’s done 1000’s like that.Never an issue.So,that’s how I do mine.

You need to go buy a lottery ticket.

No lube on aluminum to steal threaded connection is a big no no in every industry not just the gun industry. Sooner are later it's going to bite you in the butt hard.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by Klem - 11-22-2019, 10:20 PM
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by A5BLASTER - 11-23-2019, 03:52 AM
Barrel mounting consensus This vs That - by Klem - 11-24-2019, 01:39 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)