Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My First AR Build
#1
A friend of mine got me interested in the process of building/customizing AR-15 a few weeks ago. He built a .223 pistol and it turned out awesome! But, after scouring the internet I realized how much potential the AR platform has, and I think the 6.5 Grendel is the epitome of that. Anyway, I am in college and broke at the moment, but in spring I will be making decent money interning at an accounting firm in Fort Worth. I plan on starting the build soon after.

I have done a considerable amount of research, with the ultimate goal of building a high functioning but cost effective gun, and have arrived at the parts list below. I would love to hear yalls feedback!

Here goes:

Upper&barrel: Grendel Hunter package w/ M4E1 Aero precision upper, 18" fluted Satern/liberty barrel. Comes w/ fwd assist, adjustable gas block, handguard, and dust cover- $459

Lower: Stripped Aero- $~50
Trigger and lower parts kit: Velocity classic curved + Luth-AR parts kit- $180
Bolt carrier group: AR-Stoner- Nickel Boron- $104
Butt stock: Luth AR or Magpul STR- $130/75
- Really open to suggestions here. I like the idea of an adjustable cheek rest but I'm not sure if its necessary

Stock hardware: DS Arms Mil Spec kit (carbine length?)- $30
Muzzle brake: Grendel hunter slanted -$35
Charging handle: Strike extended latch- $30
Mags: E-Lander -$20/

Optics:
Bushnell Engage 2.5-10x44 - $230 after rebate
OR
Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42- $184

Total: $1167-1268 +tax&shipping

Please let me know what you think! (i.e what I can improve on, ways I could reduce cost without compromising quality, other product suggestions regarding optics and the butt stock, etc.)


** if you are reading this because you're new to the Grendel as well, here are a couple of links that I have found helpful:

https://www.grendelhunter.com/product/18...figuration

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-ar-15-stocks/

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/how...-part-one/

https://ar15tactical.com/

https://velocitytriggers.com/


Attached Files
.pdf   How-to-Build-a-High-Quality-AR-15-for-less-than-650-v2.6.2.pdf (Size: 52.61 KB / Downloads: 5)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My First AR Build - by Cgull97 - 11-21-2019, 03:46 AM
My First AR Build - by kpswihart - 11-21-2019, 11:18 AM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-21-2019, 12:04 PM
My First AR Build - by AR15gunner - 11-22-2019, 01:26 AM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-22-2019, 02:52 AM
My First AR Build - by HANSEL AND GRENDEL - 11-22-2019, 03:08 AM
My First AR Build - by Klem - 11-22-2019, 03:21 AM
My First AR Build - by BCHunter - 11-22-2019, 04:45 AM
My First AR Build - by Cgull97 - 11-22-2019, 05:28 PM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-22-2019, 07:00 PM
My First AR Build - by HANSEL AND GRENDEL - 11-22-2019, 11:51 PM
My First AR Build - by Redraider - 11-24-2019, 02:53 PM
My First AR Build - by FLshooter - 11-24-2019, 11:30 PM
My First AR Build - by FLshooter - 11-25-2019, 12:06 AM
My First AR Build - by Cgull97 - 11-26-2019, 05:46 PM
My First AR Build - by A5BLASTER - 11-26-2019, 05:55 PM
My First AR Build - by mdram - 11-26-2019, 05:57 PM
My First AR Build - by FLshooter - 11-27-2019, 11:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)