Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel lengths
#9
Klem Wrote:You've shifted the goal posts...In your second post you were asking for a 1,000+ gun, that's long range. 700yds is mid range so sure, an 18" will work, especially on a still day. Now it becomes a good compromise.

Hey now! ;-) You told me to temper my expectations! As I mentioned in an earlier post, true "long-range" would be a mile plus. I'm just going from what all you guys have been telling me I should temper my reasonable expectations for long-range to what the snipers in my platoon called it: 600-800 meters. If I can get that from an AR platform with minimal felt-recoil then I'm going to be happy. If, as you guys also said, I can expect it to tag steel out to 1k fairly regularly, I'm going to be even happier. I think part of the problem I was running into is I wasn't thinking of the Grendel as a "two-build" gun: 1 for short to the edge-of-long-range hunting and 1 for long-range target shooting. Your suggestion for buying two different uppers definitely has merit if I decide I really want to do the 1k plinking more seriously.

Yet again, guys, Thanks! I'm really glad Carpe Sus sent me over to you guys! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG6la_H...BTDtj5B-lQ
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel lengths - by GreyOne - 11-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Barrel lengths - by A5BLASTER - 11-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Barrel lengths - by Bigs28 - 11-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Barrel lengths - by GreyOne - 11-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Barrel lengths - by Bigs28 - 11-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Barrel lengths - by Klem - 11-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Barrel lengths - by GreyOne - 11-08-2019, 01:12 AM
Barrel lengths - by Klem - 11-08-2019, 05:02 AM
Barrel lengths - by GreyOne - 11-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Barrel lengths - by mdram - 11-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Barrel lengths - by LRRPF52 - 11-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Barrel lengths - by FLshooter - 11-13-2019, 11:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)