11-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new here so apologies if this has been covered before. I searched but didn't find anything that specifically covered this.
All things being equal. I'm getting ready to buy a Grendel upper for my Beowulf. While accuracy and distance are very important to me, I'm not looking for a range gun Primarily hunting with the ability to make long-range shots. Everything I've been able to scrape together seems to put the length at either 20" or 24". Is there anyone here who has a somewhat definitive answer on what would be better for what I want to do? The weight of 4 extra inches is not an issue. Especially since I'm also looking at a suppressor as well. Or am I sort of answering my own question? The advantage to a longer barrel is the extra time for expansion and a suppressor does that as well?
I'm new here so apologies if this has been covered before. I searched but didn't find anything that specifically covered this.
All things being equal. I'm getting ready to buy a Grendel upper for my Beowulf. While accuracy and distance are very important to me, I'm not looking for a range gun Primarily hunting with the ability to make long-range shots. Everything I've been able to scrape together seems to put the length at either 20" or 24". Is there anyone here who has a somewhat definitive answer on what would be better for what I want to do? The weight of 4 extra inches is not an issue. Especially since I'm also looking at a suppressor as well. Or am I sort of answering my own question? The advantage to a longer barrel is the extra time for expansion and a suppressor does that as well?

