11-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Congrats on some fine table fare and thanks for the bullet report.
I would bet the gut and exit were from the ribs, I have seen that quit a few times, on a elk shot with a 225gr 35 cal partition there were rib splinters in the hide that do not come out but punctured the gut on a broad side shot that clipped the back of the front leg and exited right behind the leg on the other side, Lungs were a mess. That is just one example that came to mind, there are others I can think of.
I would bet the gut and exit were from the ribs, I have seen that quit a few times, on a elk shot with a 225gr 35 cal partition there were rib splinters in the hide that do not come out but punctured the gut on a broad side shot that clipped the back of the front leg and exited right behind the leg on the other side, Lungs were a mess. That is just one example that came to mind, there are others I can think of.

