10-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Hi there! My name is Chuck and I'm from the Savannah, GA area. Own a few pistols, couple of shotguns, and a few long guns. Do a little bit of competitive shooting pistol and hunt whitetail deer with Ruger .270. I've been interested in moving to (ok, ADDING) an ar-15 to the collection, for home defense, hunting, plinking. After considerable lurking and searching, I believe I've decided on the 6.5 Grendel as the weapon of choice. I've been trying to decide whether to build or buy. As with most topics, there's the build camp (learn more, do it your way, get what you want), and the buy camp (if you've never owned one, there's a lot to learn about building; it's not rocket science but it has to be done right, etc.). So part of my desire for the forum is to dive into that a bit more. When you are really starting from zero, there are a million questions to answer and each one leads to a host of questions about which product to buy. I can get a diamondback that would probably make me happy for my first AR and shoot better than I can for $800 or so, and I can also see where I could easily spend $2k building myself. Anyways, sorry for the long-winded intro, but here I am!
Thanks,
Chuck
Thanks,
Chuck

