10-21-2019, 01:14 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 01:34 PM by Flight Medic.)
While installing the SA clamp-on gas block I had to run up to AutoZone and purchase a feeler gauge set because the instructions called for a .025 gap to line up the holes.
![[Image: cIB9Zc.jpg]](https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/1252/cIB9Zc.jpg)
The rest of the stuff was pretty straightforward. The only other issue I had was with the Lancer picatinny rail section.
![[Image: MMfDIE.jpg]](https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/8455/MMfDIE.jpg)
I wanted to use the forward-most slot for the rail for the bipod, but it came into contact with the bottom of the gas block, so I had to move the rail back one slot...although I dont think it looks too weird set further back.
![[Image: J7jbQz.jpg]](https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6418/J7jbQz.jpg)
So, theres growler's requested "play-by-play" and a pic of the finished product. Once I test-fire it, and make sure it doesnt blow-up, I will mount the optic and see if Ive achieved my goal of a precision AR build.
![[Image: cIB9Zc.jpg]](https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/1252/cIB9Zc.jpg)
The rest of the stuff was pretty straightforward. The only other issue I had was with the Lancer picatinny rail section.
![[Image: MMfDIE.jpg]](https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/8455/MMfDIE.jpg)
I wanted to use the forward-most slot for the rail for the bipod, but it came into contact with the bottom of the gas block, so I had to move the rail back one slot...although I dont think it looks too weird set further back.
![[Image: J7jbQz.jpg]](https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6418/J7jbQz.jpg)
So, theres growler's requested "play-by-play" and a pic of the finished product. Once I test-fire it, and make sure it doesnt blow-up, I will mount the optic and see if Ive achieved my goal of a precision AR build.

