10-20-2019, 12:40 PM
Wolfdog91,
You don't mention optics (irons?), or your shooting position (offhand/bag/bipod/bench/prone) or under what conditions you shot (wind/cold/calm), so that makes it a little difficult to assess your results objectively. That said, you are reporting results similar to those I very often hear on the board from people with 16" and greater barrels and Carbine/Rifle setups. I'd say; "No worries!".
On a separate note, Texas is correct in suggesting a more optimized powder. Varget, while known for its consistency and temperature stability, is not the ideal powder for the Grendel. The case just doesn't have enough volume for Varget to develop velocities comparable to other powders, such as CFE223, AR-Comp, IMR8208XBR (for lighter pills), etc.
Unless Varget is the only powder available to you, I would recommend following Texas' lead and choose a power more suited for your setup.
(Of course, should you need to dispose of the balance of your Varget reserve, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. :o)
You don't mention optics (irons?), or your shooting position (offhand/bag/bipod/bench/prone) or under what conditions you shot (wind/cold/calm), so that makes it a little difficult to assess your results objectively. That said, you are reporting results similar to those I very often hear on the board from people with 16" and greater barrels and Carbine/Rifle setups. I'd say; "No worries!".
On a separate note, Texas is correct in suggesting a more optimized powder. Varget, while known for its consistency and temperature stability, is not the ideal powder for the Grendel. The case just doesn't have enough volume for Varget to develop velocities comparable to other powders, such as CFE223, AR-Comp, IMR8208XBR (for lighter pills), etc.
Unless Varget is the only powder available to you, I would recommend following Texas' lead and choose a power more suited for your setup.
(Of course, should you need to dispose of the balance of your Varget reserve, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. :o)
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

