10-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Bruce_Leroy Wrote:So I removed the Gamma and the crown looked good. I tried to remove the crush washer and it was warped and would not thread off. I used a pair of side cutters and cut the crush washer off. Went the jam nut route and took the rifle out to test. Shot two five shot groups and the first was right under one inch and the second was an inch and one-eighth with the same hornady black. I can live with that. No more crush washers for me.
Muzzle thread tension in relation to accuracy is a thing, proven by Army Marksmanship Unit gunsmiths doing extensive testing at the range with every possible way to tune a rifle. I try to get as close to zero torque when installing muzzle devices, and use a thread locker to keep them timed, in conjunction with Precision Armament washers.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
