10-18-2019, 02:26 PM
A5BLASTER Wrote:I would like to know what manufactor has said a grendel bolt has a 3000 round are less lifespan?
I think most if not the vast majority of broken bolts and extractors in the grendel community can be traced back to 2 major factors.
Officially - JP Enterprise for one:
Quote:In fact, standard bolts will start to show stress cracks on the locking lugs adjacent to the extractor cut after only 3,000 rounds while cracking at the cam pin holeJP then goes on to state they use higher grade metal and their exceptional bolts will last much longer. Which is great to hear, but then, is that "standard"?
https://www.rainierarms.com/bolt-jp-ente...5-grendel/
Maybe good ones last longer - I haven't broken a bolt yet, but then haven't hit 3k rounds yet either and I care for mine.
I've heard PSA say the same, and PSA bolts last as long as the premium bolts (and not all brands do), in the millions of rounds of 5.56 usage at Henderson Defense' rental range (a place that logs and data tracks).

