10-16-2019, 01:09 AM
What stage of the bolt's cycle usually leads to it's breakage if it's going to happen?
Is it when it's fully locked and it's just an issue of pressure, or does the unlocking phase cause additional stress?
What I'm getting at is hypothetically could one close off an adjustable gas block completely and get an extra bit of safety out of the system.
I'm not looking to test proof loads or anything, just wondering for the sake of working up loads since it will be fire-and-inspect, rather than rapid fire anyway.
Is it when it's fully locked and it's just an issue of pressure, or does the unlocking phase cause additional stress?
What I'm getting at is hypothetically could one close off an adjustable gas block completely and get an extra bit of safety out of the system.
I'm not looking to test proof loads or anything, just wondering for the sake of working up loads since it will be fire-and-inspect, rather than rapid fire anyway.

