10-12-2019, 02:12 PM
G and G Rifleworks lapping full set good to go!!!
I've been a little and a bit more anxious, but I received the lapping set and it was packaged extremely well. The tools were individually tubed in soft plastic and capped as well and came with 4 syringes of lapping compound that were in a Ziploc type bag. I was very impressed and thought I would give them a shout out.
I lapped my AP M4E1 Enhanced upper by hand (it is set up for a drill if needed) with the upper oriented vertically being careful to not get any compound into the bolt carrier portion.
I checked the progress every so often and it appeared true (as older sarge posted about AP) from the start because the finish dulled evenly and then disappeared evenly as well.
If nothing else, it added one more process/check to insure mating surface to be true as well as increase assembly time. All that time to get one part here and one part there which took me forever it seems in order to put a quality rifle together with my own two hands in an afternoon.
I've been a little and a bit more anxious, but I received the lapping set and it was packaged extremely well. The tools were individually tubed in soft plastic and capped as well and came with 4 syringes of lapping compound that were in a Ziploc type bag. I was very impressed and thought I would give them a shout out.
I lapped my AP M4E1 Enhanced upper by hand (it is set up for a drill if needed) with the upper oriented vertically being careful to not get any compound into the bolt carrier portion.
I checked the progress every so often and it appeared true (as older sarge posted about AP) from the start because the finish dulled evenly and then disappeared evenly as well.
If nothing else, it added one more process/check to insure mating surface to be true as well as increase assembly time. All that time to get one part here and one part there which took me forever it seems in order to put a quality rifle together with my own two hands in an afternoon.

