Reviews on DH Tactical 6.5 Grendel 10rd mag
#9
VASCAR2 Wrote:I suggest you look at this post from accurate shooter in regards to the ejector on larger case head cartridges in the AR-15. There have been a few shooters who experienced failure to feed and as last resort they modded the ejector which cured their feeding issues. This is a simple mod and can’t hurt to try.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2014...artridges/

I had one new 24 round ASC mag which consistently failed to feed from the non ejection port side. I compared the feed lips to my good ASC mags and the left feed lip was bent lower than my other mags. I used a pair of pliers to bend the feed lip up to match my good mags. Since tweaking the feed lip this mag has been feeding reliably.

Of all my 6.5 Grendel mags this one ASC mag is the only one I’ve had to modify. Mag and feeding issues can be very aggravating but can usually be solved by a process of eliminating potential causes.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into this if I cannot eliminate it with different mags or mag modification. I really can?t see this causing the issue because the rounds stay hung in the mag and the bolt over runs them. The Elanders I have, I have noticed that the forward case standoff groove is obviously slightly deeper than the rear because of the tapered case, this is the problem point that I see because it takes so much force to push the round past this by hand when the groove catches in the extractor groove between the cavity and rim on the case. I have a couple ideas on how to modify the mags but it?s going to be difficult to do it right with the two halves of the mag assembled. I would much rather modify mags than gun parts at this point. I do believe a smooth area or wider guide groove on the side of the mag would eliminate this issue. Just gotta prove it, and I also believe this is why so many folks say they run better after a few hundred rounds. Wear smooths down the grooves and helps.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Reviews on DH Tactical 6.5 Grendel 10rd mag - by BlakeTX - 10-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)