Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lapping Question??
#23
I bought a home built AR from a guy at a gun show once that had to have the rear sight all the way to the left to zero. When I lapped the upper, I had to take a lot of material off one side and when it cleaned up evenly all the way around, I put it back together and shot it. Then when zeroed, the rear sight was in the center.
I had a Colt HBar once that had to have the sight all the way over and I returned it to Colt. They did nothing and sent it back claiming it was "in spec".
I lap all of mine. Most are very close but they all get it anyway. I'm a believer.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-25-2019, 07:45 PM
Lapping Question?? - by A5BLASTER - 09-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Lapping Question?? - by grayfox - 09-25-2019, 08:23 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 08:39 PM
Lapping Question?? - by VASCAR2 - 09-25-2019, 11:03 PM
Lapping Question?? - by lazyengineer - 09-25-2019, 11:29 PM
Lapping Question?? - by grayfox - 09-25-2019, 11:58 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-26-2019, 02:38 AM
Lapping Question?? - by grayfox - 09-26-2019, 02:57 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Klem - 09-26-2019, 04:10 AM
Lapping Question?? - by imaguy3 - 09-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Keef - 09-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Lapping Question?? - by ricsmall - 09-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Lapping Question?? - by just_john - 09-27-2019, 11:49 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Lapping Question?? - by lazyengineer - 09-27-2019, 02:06 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Wheelhorse - 09-28-2019, 08:24 AM
Lapping Question?? - by LRRPF52 - 09-28-2019, 04:45 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Wheelhorse - 09-28-2019, 06:44 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-28-2019, 10:10 PM
Lapping Question?? - by ARErector - 09-28-2019, 10:12 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Ganderzone - 09-29-2019, 01:40 AM
Lapping Question?? - by ARErector - 09-29-2019, 04:50 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 10-02-2019, 01:01 AM
Lapping Question?? - by olde sarge - 10-02-2019, 05:12 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 10-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Lapping Question?? - by LRRPF52 - 09-28-2019, 04:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)