Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lapping Question??
#15
"If you get quality parts with tight tolerances and good quality-control you won't need to fix anything later. "

I agree with this statement completely! However I haven't hit that lottery yet. In four upper builds only one had a decent tight fit, and the worst was an AA upper and AA bbl, .0045 slop. Most have run .002-.003

When you order parts from various suppliers you either build with what you get, or you spend money and time shipping parts back and forth. No way to try out parts for the fit up you want.

So I just bed and be done with it, same as I just lap and be done with it. Not hard to do and doesn't take long to do it, and then I'm sure it's done as best as I can do it.

If I ever got an upper that I had to heat and a bbl. that I had to chill to fit up, I might do somersaults or something, and since I can hardly walk that could be hilarious.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-25-2019, 07:45 PM
Lapping Question?? - by A5BLASTER - 09-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Lapping Question?? - by grayfox - 09-25-2019, 08:23 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-25-2019, 08:39 PM
Lapping Question?? - by VASCAR2 - 09-25-2019, 11:03 PM
Lapping Question?? - by lazyengineer - 09-25-2019, 11:29 PM
Lapping Question?? - by grayfox - 09-25-2019, 11:58 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-26-2019, 02:38 AM
Lapping Question?? - by grayfox - 09-26-2019, 02:57 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Klem - 09-26-2019, 04:10 AM
Lapping Question?? - by imaguy3 - 09-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Keef - 09-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Lapping Question?? - by ricsmall - 09-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Lapping Question?? - by just_john - 09-27-2019, 11:49 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 09-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Lapping Question?? - by lazyengineer - 09-27-2019, 02:06 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Wheelhorse - 09-28-2019, 08:24 AM
Lapping Question?? - by LRRPF52 - 09-28-2019, 04:45 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Wheelhorse - 09-28-2019, 06:44 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Mad Charlie - 09-28-2019, 10:10 PM
Lapping Question?? - by ARErector - 09-28-2019, 10:12 PM
Lapping Question?? - by Ganderzone - 09-29-2019, 01:40 AM
Lapping Question?? - by ARErector - 09-29-2019, 04:50 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 10-02-2019, 01:01 AM
Lapping Question?? - by olde sarge - 10-02-2019, 05:12 AM
Lapping Question?? - by Bdlot - 10-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Lapping Question?? - by LRRPF52 - 09-28-2019, 04:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)