09-25-2019, 11:29 PM
I ordered a lapping tool to try this out. I'm not convinced one way or another on if this actually matters at all; but hey - my accuracy is a touch less than I'd like, and it's not all that expensive to try this.
Also, i consider the Grendel less forgiving for durable life, so if this helps assure a more square mating of the bolt to the barrel extension, that's probably a good thing. So, I spent the $30 and will invest the 2 hours or so of dismounting the barrel and everything, lapping, and then rebuilding the upper again, and we'll see.
Also, i consider the Grendel less forgiving for durable life, so if this helps assure a more square mating of the bolt to the barrel extension, that's probably a good thing. So, I spent the $30 and will invest the 2 hours or so of dismounting the barrel and everything, lapping, and then rebuilding the upper again, and we'll see.

