09-25-2019, 08:23 PM
I had a barrel/nut/GB I could not for the life of me dis-assemble, didn't need it for anything but needed the nut... so cut it in half.
Then I took the extension-half, sanded/smoothed down the alignment pin and Viola! I've got a hand-based lapping extension that I can use. As for the fwd end of the upper, when you lap with compound you take off realistically less than 0.001" to square it up. So basically no impact on the upper's overall performance except for squaring off the mate-up to the barrel
Then I took the extension-half, sanded/smoothed down the alignment pin and Viola! I've got a hand-based lapping extension that I can use. As for the fwd end of the upper, when you lap with compound you take off realistically less than 0.001" to square it up. So basically no impact on the upper's overall performance except for squaring off the mate-up to the barrel
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

