Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Starting a parts list for my Grendel upper build
#8
A5BLASTER Wrote:200 yards are less hunting a 16 inch are less length barrel will cover that just fine. A group buy barrel will save you some cash there.

Gas block go with wojetck. Cheaper and works just as good as the jp. I have had and used both.

Handguard. Go to joeboboutfitters and look for the matrix handguards. They should have a mlok in the length you want for well under 100 bucks.

Don't worrie about the extended charging handle latch. Just extra cost and extra stuff to get hung up on something.

I would skip on the tool craft bcg. Righttobeararms.com should have their stripped lowmass bcg on sale right now. Pick up a group buy bolt if there is some leavt. The other bcg parts can be picked at joeboboutfitters for dirt cheap as well.

While your at it pick up a reciver lapping tool. Lapp the reciver face so you will have a nice square lock up for the bolt.

Standard carbine buffer and buffer spring will work fine. Set it with wolf fmj's and you will be good to go.

Optic. 4 power will work so will a red dot and 3 power magnifier. I have the at3 red dot and magnifier on my 16 inch works good and has a good price as well.

Hope this helps OP.

Alright, wojteck. Got it: https://www.at3tactical.com/products/woj...-pin-combo

JoeBob seems to be out of M-lok. All that is coming up is Keymod! Run on AR parts, I suppose.

I don't know what you mean by "Pick up a group buy bolt if there is some leavt".

I am not opposed to the stripped low weight bolt carrier, but I am going to have to do some more research on the lightweight carrier before I take that plunge. And I see why you say to skip the Toolcraft bolt, it has a proprietary length firing pin.

I am NOT having any luck with Googlefu tonight!!! I can't find anything 6.5 Grendel tonight! It is going to cost $60+ for the 0.136" bolt, $8-10 for firing pin, $2 for the firing pin retainer, $8-10 for the cam pin, and whatever the RTB carrier cost seems to be $70-80 so I'll have at least $150+ in the bolt carrier group. I want some more info on the lightweight carriers before I choose one for my build.

I am planning to drop in onto my Adams Arms 5.56 lower. I like the red dot and magnifier option for optic.

Grayfox, I am glad you said that, (no disrespect) I chose the Diamondback based on the multiple positive (and sub-moa) reviews on the Diamondback barrel posted on here. IDK, why people are recommending them then. Looks like there aren't any 16" barrels left in the group by currently open. I'll have to wait for another one.

So basically, the only thing left I picked out was the Anderson upper. I believe it will be adequate, after lapping. Thank guys!!!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Starting a parts list for my Grendel upper build - by GrendelFanatic - 09-20-2019, 02:14 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)