Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Short throat issue, rifle wont chamber anything with a COAL over 2.245
#28
A5BLASTER Wrote:It's not the chamber are it's design.

It's company's useing questionable reamer's made by a few less then honest reamer makers or company's useing their reamer's past their working service lifespan. And some company's are just idiots and shouldn't be allowed to run a blinder much less a mechanical tool of any kind.

I didnt say that very well. I meant chambering which to me means the entire chamber -> throat ->and leade angle(s). I dont doubt that everything stated above contributes to the problem, I am just noting that these same crappy barrel makers and reamer makers dont seem to have this problem as much with other cartridge chambers. I suspect that the throat design is a little trickier to get right and probably even harder if you're sloppy with your work.
I make the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Classic Turret press
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Short throat issue, rifle wont chamber anything with a COAL over 2.245 - by TreeTopFlier - 09-18-2019, 03:19 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)