09-18-2019, 12:09 AM
Blinds Wrote:Sorry if I sound dumb. But lapping the upper face to the barrel?
I have a range setup at home and do most of my shooting there. After shooting about 100 rounds on paper over a few shoots I moved to my steel targets. I have 8? by 8? steel plates out to 350yards. I could pretty much hit the plate every shot at 350 which is as far as I?m likely to harvest a deer and good enough for me. After 100 rounds on paper with this new build (none of which felt very good to me) I moved out to the plates and past 150yds I had trouble consistently hitting the plates. At 350 I could hit the plate 1 out of every 5 shots.
Just changed things around for cosmetics and now I?m extremely disappointed with the rifle after all the money and time I?ve put into it.
I?m also using a Leupold vx3i if that matters to anyone.
Yep you can buy a tool that will remove and square up the face of the reciver so when you torque down the barrel nut the barrel extention and reciver torque down square.
It's good for the bolt lugs to lock and unlock square.
If it shoot great the way it was first built I would start reversing what I did one part at a time and shoot it before I changed back to anouther part.
That will tell you what the problem is are you will end up with what you started with and it will be shooting good again.
Old saying still stands. (If it ain't broke don't fix it)

