09-17-2019, 11:53 PM
First thing I would check is if the gas tube is binding up in the bcg or the hole through the barrel nut.
If that checked out good then I would break it lose, lapp the reciver face so you have a square lock up for your bolt lugs.
I then I would check the muzzle device and it's torque setting.
Look for gas leaks around the gas tube entrance to the gas block. Around the gas block and barrel. Gas being out of balance could be effecting the groups due to the rifle working harder.
I personally would go back to the adjustable gas block myself.
If the barrel has a loose fit in the upper reciver you can bed it as well.
Hope this helps sir.
I have one of the AA 16 inch fluted light weight barrels myself. To bad they don't make them anymore those barrels can flat out shoot.
If that checked out good then I would break it lose, lapp the reciver face so you have a square lock up for your bolt lugs.
I then I would check the muzzle device and it's torque setting.
Look for gas leaks around the gas tube entrance to the gas block. Around the gas block and barrel. Gas being out of balance could be effecting the groups due to the rifle working harder.
I personally would go back to the adjustable gas block myself.
If the barrel has a loose fit in the upper reciver you can bed it as well.
Hope this helps sir.
I have one of the AA 16 inch fluted light weight barrels myself. To bad they don't make them anymore those barrels can flat out shoot.

